You are here: Home » Staff Profiles » Jai Schofield
Jai Schofield graduated from Griffith University with Bachelor of Physiotherapy and Bachelor of Exercise Science degrees in 2007. Jai joined the team at Quay Street Physiotherapy at the beginning of 2008 and has worked hard to establish his career and widen his skills, knowledge and experience to the benefit of our patients.
Jai has had extensive post graduate training in a variety of different treatment techniques including advanced western acupuncture / dry needling, kinesiology taping, dynamic taping and rigid taping, muscle energy techniques and high level exercise prescription for return to sports.
Jai has a broad list of physiotherapy passions including:
- biomechanical assessments and movement retraining (particularly feet, knees, hips and shoulder regions)
- Specific swim, bike (including bike fits), run, walk, weight lifting analysis and correction (for performance, injury prevention and / or injury rehabilitation)
- Individual gym programs tailored to suit anyone from entry beginner level to elite athlete looking to achieve the performance goals they have set and become less susceptible to injuries in life or sport
- Group education sessions in manual handling / ergonomics in the workplace; injury prevention in sports
Jai is happy to consult, assess and treat all conditions as they present but has a special interest in the treatment of:
- Sports injuries
- Shin splints
- Plantar fasciitis
- Hip, knee and ankle pathologies
- Shoulder pathologies
- Multiple conditions suspected to be linked to each other due to previous injuries, poor biomechanics or poor posture.
- Lack of coordination in adolescents
When not at work Jai is a dedicated triathlete with a tremendous passion for sports, exercise and the general health of our bodies. Some might say that Jai is obsessed with the human body. Jai would say the human body is an amazing creation worth obsessing about; that elite athletes in all disciplines show us every day what the human body is truly capable of; and through exercise we can learn and rehearse how to better use our own bodies for life, sports, injury prevention, falls prevention and longevity.
We pride ourselves on servicing the community, and with 6 Physiotherapists on staff, we endeavour to provide treatment in a timely manner.