Covid-19 Practice Processes
March 23, 2020 by Quay Street Physio
To our wonderful patients
With the outbreak of the serious COVID-19, known as coronavirus, we are naturally concerned about your health and our practitioners and staff. Like most Australian businesses, we see the need to explain in more detail the precautions taken by our practice to remain clean and to keep our patients and their families safe.
In addition to paying close attention to the Australian Government, World Health Organisation and Australian Physiotherapy Association updates, our practice is being proactive in it’s business operations.
What we’re doing to ensure continuous health safety:
- Practitioners and staff are staying at home when feeling even mild cold or flu-like symptoms
- Staff follow strict hand hygiene before and after each patient, in room and behind reception
- Alcohol-based hospital grade hand sanitisers are provided for use on entry by staff and patients alike
- Awareness posters on symptoms and hand washing etiquette are on display and updated according to recommendations from the World and Australian health organisations
- Surfaces are cleaned several times a day with hospital grade detergents
What you can do:
- Stay home when you don’t feel well
- Avoid paying with cash as much as possible
- Please use the sanitiser at our front door before you enter the building
If you have an existing booking, we are happy to report that we are open for business as usual and look forward to looking after you and want to let you know that we are doing everything possible to provide you with a safe and secure in-room treatment experience.
However, we do ask that if you are feeling unwell, have travelled overseas in the past 14 days or have had close contact with someone diagnosed or suspected of having coronavirus in the past 14 days, please cancel your appointment.
Moving forward, we are looking at ways we can continue to provide a quality service to our patients. Telehealth uses digital technology that is readily available on your computer or phone to receive treatment from your physio.
If you would like to talk to us about continuing your treatment via Telehealth, please call us on 41531920.
Our goal in this time of uncertainty is to minimise the risk of exposure to COVID-19 infection at Quay Street Physiotherapy and we hope that we can all work together to achieve this.
Please feel free to share this post to spread the word.
We pride ourselves on servicing the community, and with 5 Physiotherapists on staff, we endeavour to provide treatment in a timely manner.